- 24 oz fresh blackberries
- 250 g (1 1/4 cup) sugar
- 8 oz (1 cup) water
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Toogood Botanics organic food-grade dried rose petals
- 2-5 ml (1/2 teaspoon to test, add more if necessary) rose water
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat about 1 minute. Transfer syrup to a heatproof container and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- Puree blackberries and sugar syrup in a blender until smooth. Strain into a large bowl to remove the seeds and stir in lemon juice and rose water.
- Process berry mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- Garnish with organic dried rose petals.